Monday, February 23, 2015

Do you eat meat replacements?

Do you ever eat fake meat? Not the Subway variation of ham made from turkey, but the kind made of veggies, grains and spices.

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with high cholesterol (eek!), so I'm always looking for ways to curb my meat consumption. I try to incorporate tons of veggies in my diet, but sometimes I need meat (or a meat substitute) to feel satisfied with a hearty meal.

This weekend, we tried neat, which is made from chickpeas, pecans, oats and spices. I followed the instructions to add two eggs, water, stir it all, and then brown it in a saute pan. Next, I layered it into veggie lasagna with spinach and red peppers (and of course, cheese and red sauce). 

It was delicious! My dad actually said he'd have thought it was ground beef if I hadn't told him. 

So, would you eat something like this? Or do you prefer to stick with the real thing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment