Thursday, September 25, 2014

Confession: I don't know how to shave my legs


OK, I've had this sad, silly personal confession that I need help with. I am older than 30, and I cannot, for the life of me, shave my knees properly. 

Every time I shave my legs, I think, "OK, go slow. Try a few angles. That's it, just-OW. I NICKED MYSELF." Then when I'm in different lighting, I can see a bunch of remaining hairs, always sticking straight out.  

I asked my sister, who seemed like she should have this thing handled, too, and she said, "The key is the razor. Triple blade is your best bet."

Then I asked my mom, because shouldn't your mom teach you these things when you're, like, 12? Her suggestion: "Best technique: shave legs in shower, carry razor with you, sit in car in bright sunlight and shave knees."

I guess it's time to upgrade from the men's twin-blade razors I usually buy. And keep a razor in my car, like all good ladies? 

Friends, share your shame: What life skill secretly stymies you? 

Photo: 'Young Woman Modeling' from the Library of Congress collection here

No comments:

Post a Comment